CREATE, Inc. would like to become your program of choice for Inpatient and Outpatient Substance Abuse Services. CREATE, Inc. has enhanced the quality of life for individuals and families in the Harlem and Greater NYC area for the past 40 years. We are happy to have assisted countless New Yorkers who have sought our help with addiction, homelessness, domestic abuse and trauma.
CREATE, Inc. helps to change lives by providing not only high quality innovative programming, but individualized care and expert solutions to critical social problems. CREATE, Inc. does provide assistance in the following areas:
• Individual/Group, Family & Significant Other Therapy Support and Education
• Pre- Admission Services
• Direct Treatment for Family and Significant Others
• Medication Assistance Treatment (Campral, Naltrexone, Buprenorphine)
• Services to Benefit those with Dual Diagnosis – Mental Wellness & Addiction Recovery
• Vocational and Educational Counseling
• DWI Services
• Smoking Cessation Treatment
• Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) Services
• Specialized Groups (Anger Management, DWI, Parenting, Crisis Intervention)
• MetroCard Transportation Provided for Eligible Patients
• Medicaid Entitlements Assistance
• Basic Computer Skills Classes
• Medical and Psychiatric Screenings and Medication Management
• Relapse Prevention
• 12-Step Model (AA/NA Meetings and Support Groups)
• Aftercare/Recovery Maintenance
• Counseling in Spanish Available
• Soon to come – Outpatient Detox Services
CREATE also provides pre-admission services, knowing that some individuals don’t need Intensive Treatment Services.
Screening: With just a few questions in an interview, practitioners can identify patients who have alcohol or substance use problems and determine the severity of these problems.
Brief Intervention: If screening results indicate moderate risk, individuals receive brief interventions. The intervention educates them about their substance use, alerts them to possible consequences, and motivates them to change their behavior. This is a pre-admission procedure.
Referral to Treatment: For those whose screening indicates a severe problem or dependence diagnosis, the next step is referral to an appropriate substance abuse treatment program.
CREATE, Inc. is an SBIRT capable organization in accordance with the new guidelines set forth by the Ambulatory Patient Groups (APGs), Department of Health (DOH), and the Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) and services a population with an age range of 18 and over.
CREATE also maintains a treatment track for youth ages 13 and up.
If you are interested please contact:
Quality Assurance Manager
73 Lenox Avenue, New York, NY 10026
212 663-1596 ext 332, 343, 335